How to Spring into Summer
with these 5 Staples
Paste your Bing Webmaster Tools verification code here
Please click here to – Follow my blog with Bloglovin
How’s your week going? I’ve been a little crazy with work and life lately and I’m heading to Boston next week so I’m looking forward to the trip (yay!). I’m excited to get this post up for you guys and share how to spring into summer with 5 staples and some of the hottest spring trends! And surprise, some are actually not just trends but classic looks to keep in your closet all year long.
I prefer to get trends on sale when I can as I don’t want to spend a fortune on something that I might not keep season after season. I usually have success with these finds at Nordstroms, H&M, Francesca’s, Forever 21, Target and Old Navy, to name a few.
Now what are they? Here’s my list:
1. Ruffles Everything – Ruffle tops, ruffle dresses and rompers, ruffles are skirt and feminine and pretty. Keep them around for spring and summer showers and brunches, rehearsal dinners and weddings!
2. Off the Shoulder – Everything shoulders is such a trend right now, cold shoulder, off the Shoulder (OTS) and one shoulder/asymmetrical looks are all the rage right now! I picked up a few OTS tops and dresses last fall and they are still going going strong! Another idea is to pair the OTS/one shoulder with a RUFFLE! now that’s a fun look! I am loving this trend, it’s classy and sexy showing a little skin but not too much, great for date night, girls night or afternoon ladies lunch! Keep these in your closet this summer.
3. Stripes – I love stripes, especially for spring and into summer. My sister loves stripes all year round :)! Either way, you can’t go wrong. Stripes are a classic look (not just a trend) and can be mixed with a pattern or worn with a solid or a dress. I have styled the striped skirt here with a solid chambray top. They remind me of summer and feel especially nautical when they are white and blue!
4. Chambray – these tops are great for so many things and another “not just a trend” item! You can wear them with white jeans, color jean skirts, khakis and more. They are great for low key casual Saturday errands or an evening out with your white skinny jeans, wedges and a fun statement jewel, earring or necklace!
5. White Jeans – I mean every woman should have one great white pair of jeans they love. Don’t men go crazy in the spring when women start coming out in their white pants? I know I love to see it! I wore my True Religion white jeans last year and spilled so many cups of coffee on them I had to get new pair this season (yes I bleached them 7 times eek)! Lucky for me, Banana Republic has a white pair that is stain resistant so, perfect for clumsy coffee addicts like me!! I think white jeans were more of a spring to summer trend, but heck, I think they are year round now too (think winter white).
Shop These Looks
Ruffles & Shoulder
Well, I’m off to pack my bags again for a work trip to Boston. I’m excited to go back to my old home of so many years and to see a few friends, some of them are brides this summer! I am attending 3 weddings on the East Coast this summer, 2 of which I am standing up in and the third is also one of my dear friends. Then I have two weddings in San Diego! I’ll work on some posts to show you what to wear for summer weddings to give you some ideas (me too) 🙂
I’ll be definitely be packing some of these items to mix it up for spring!
Here’s your Bicoastal Beauty Tip of the week: White is not just reserved for Memorial day to labor day anymore. White is fresh, clean, simple and a great accent to so many colors or look classic by pairing it with black!
Banana’s stain resistant jeans
Let me know what you think, what else do you want to see on the blog for spring?
Have a great weekend!
Shop My Look
Unfortunately the Francescas skirt is sold out 🙁 but don’t worry I’ll be keeping an eye on it for you. Francesca’s usually has these types of skirts each season!
Photography by John Onelio Feshairandwaves