Please click here to – Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Attitude of Gratitude!
How was your weekend? Mine was great, very full and eventful! It’s my goal for May to bring you motivational posts each week and this week I want to focus on an attitude of gratitude!
Everything I read about gratitude is only positive. When we are grateful for what we do have it just brings more of what we want more of! When we focus on what we have instead of what we don’t have (abundance over lack) it brings more abundance. What are you focusing on? I challenge you to try it this week, focus on what you are grateful for and write it down. (There is power in writing things down, you’ll hear my talk about this a lot, the act of writing it).
Each night (most nights…) before bed, I review my day, see what wrongs I need to right, take an inventory of my day and see how I can do better tomorrow. Then I write 10 things I’m grateful for. I challenge you to take the week to do the same! If it’s hard for you to think of 10 things at first, start with five and start with the obvious: a roof over your head, a loving supporting family, a subway ticket to get you to work, friends, a job, a car, etc., whatever it is for you and then you can dive deeper.
Here are some examples to get you started:
- I am grateful I get to travel with my job
- I am grateful my spouse unloaded the dishwasher
- I am grateful that I facetimed with my adorable niece
- I am grateful the woman at the grocery store let me check out in front of her
- I am grateful that a nice man held the door open for me
- I am grateful my boss let me go home 30 minutes early
- I am grateful I didn’t eat 4 donuts and kept walking by them
- I am grateful the sun came out today
- I am grateful I stopped to smell the blooming Jacarandas today
- I am grateful I just won the lotto (hah ok I’m working on manifesting that one)!
- I am grateful for slow churned french silk ice cream!
Your list can be anything (positive)! Try to be consistent write down 5-10 things a day, this is also a practice, to help shift our perspective. Once you do it for a while it will help you start to look at the brighter side in life and spread more abundance and positivity! (Who wouldn’t want more of that in their lives)?
Ok one last thing! I told you I would help hold you accountable, are you keeping with your word for the month of May? Still haven’t chosen one? See my post here for more. My word is JOY and I constantly have to go back to it, and when I do, it’s such a great reminder to be HAPPY in the moment.
Here’s your Bicoastal Beauty tip of the week: Pick up a journal, if you don’t have one and use it as your gratitude notebook. I even have one specific journal for my gratitude notes, I got as a gift, linked below. I also linked more journals in my goal setting post here. (Did you set those goals yet)??
What else do you guys want to read about? What are you grateful for today? Please tell me below and have a wonderful week!!